It was Paralympics time this September. In Rio de Janerio in Brazil. It was awesome seeing people like me (Badger) with disabilities performing like regular people.
RSA received 17 medals with a team of 45. Unfortunately in 2012 we received 29 medals with 66 athletes going to the London Games. It is kind of a let down, but is 17 medals nothenless. (Remember we didn’t have Oscar Pistorious available and Natalie du Toit retired.)
Badger is proud of all the athletes who received medals. even those who got nothing. The mere fact that they were there and arose out of their disabilities says a lot. Badger feels for 1500m Louzanne Coetzee who were disqualified. Tough luck, but as an old Kovsie you made us proud.Now for Tokyo. He also feels for Hilton Langenhoven who was disqualified in his 100 semi final for stepping offside. At least he has two other medals to brag about.
Here is a list of our winners (ITS TOUGH BREAKING THE CODES THAT REPRESENTS THE ITEMS. CAREFUL RESEARCH WILL BE NEEDED)
- Kevin Paul 100m breaststroke SB9
- Fanie van der Merwe-100m-bronze-T37
- Hilton langenhoven 200m -Silver Long Jump-Gold T12
- Charl Du Toit 100m &400 m- Gold-T37
- Reinhardt Hamman-Javelin- Gold-T38
- Ernest van Dyk- Gold-Road Cycle F5
- Jonathan Ntulu-200-SilveR-T12
- Dylan Buis-400m-Gold &Long Jump T38
- Ilse Hayes-silver-100m &400M-T13
- Ntando Mahlangu-Silver-200m (only 14 years old and in Gr7)-T42
- Tyronne Pillay-Bronze-Shot Put-42
- Anrune Liebenberg-400m-Silver-T47
- Zanele Situ-Flag Bearer @Opening-Bronze-Javelin-F54
Badger thinks Hendri Herbst and Hassam Achiem could count themselves unlucky FOR NOT GETTING SOME MEDALS. Better luck next time boets. It was lekker seeing wheelchair rugby for the first time, as well as soccer for the blind, Goal ball which is also for people with sight problem. Basicly you have to throw a ball in a net. Unlike the Olympic counterparts these athletes do it for the honor and as motivation to us that it doesn’t matter what lives throws at you, you can reach the top. Here we have thousands of examples.