Ole. This is Badger reporting from the Drakensberg about the Rio Olympics. Badger would just like to say, it isn’t a bad Olympics. Ja, I know SASCOC had a target of ten medals and so far we have seven.
- SA rugby sevens side the Blitzbokke won Bronze
- Wayde van Niekerk is the World’s 400m Champion and Gold Medal Winner
- Cameron van den Burg won Silver for his 100m breatstroke
- Luvo Manyongo Silver Winner for Long Jump
- Chad Le Clos, Winner of 2 Silver Medals 200m Freestyle and 100meter breatstroke
- Lawrence Brittian and Shaun Keeling, men coxpless pair won Silver
But we got to be in more finals than we thought. We could have had more. And it shows me. RSA Athletics is getting better. We already have more medals than in London (2012, 6). We could get more. Here is a few examples.
- Louis Meintjies came 7th in the road race
- Ashleigh Moolman came tenth in the Woman cycling
- Amaglug-Amaglug (U23s) Soccer Team Drew Against Brazil played for by Neymar
- Badger’s Gr8 Headboy Brad Tandy came 6th in the Men 50m Breatstroke Final.
- 4 Rowing teams came into contention for a place, but missed out in the Finals. Some was close.
- Carina Horn made the 100m Semi Final for Women
- Jaco van Zyl scored a Hole in One at the Golf
- Akani Simbine came 5th in the 100 m Final narrowing missing out
- Here is what I am trying to. It is great. These results. It shows hard work. It shows promise. There are still some medals left. Lets hope we get more. Viva South Africa!!!!
Watch out for
- Chad Ho
- Caster Semenya
- Sunette Viljoen
- Bridgette Hartley